The programme of the LIS’2015 is available: LIS2015 Programme 13-8-15
The slides of the LIS’2015 are available here.
Call for Papers for LIS’2015
The Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS’2015) will be held in conjunction with the European Conference on Data Analysis (ECDA) at the University of Essex, Colchester, UK, September 2nd to 3rd 2015.
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS’2015) solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop language is English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit an abstract via https://ecda2015.com/submission-and-registration/abstract-submission-2/. All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process. Accepted abstracts will be distributed to the conference participants. Accepted contributed and invited presentations at ECDA2015 will be published as post conference peer-reviewed full papers in the open access e-journal Archives of Data Science. In addition a selected number of peer-reviewed papers will be published in a Special Issue of the Journal Advances in Data Analysis and Classification (ADAC).
Scientific Program Committee (LIS2015):
- Frank Scholze, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany (Chair)
- Lucy Bell, University of Essex, UK
- Ewald Brahms, Univ. Hildesheim, Germany
- Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
- Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Monika Lösse, German National Library Leipzig, Germany
- Bernd Lorenz, FHÖV Munich, Germany
- Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
- Magnus Pfeffer, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
- Heidrun Wiesenmüller, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
- Matthew Woollard, University of Essex, UK